Selection of finalists
President of the jury of the DAME Awards for the second year, interior designer Birgit Schnaase, announced the list of products selected for the final phase of the 28th edition of the prestigious global nautical industry innovation competition. 63 professionals had their equipment selected from among the 127 candidates. All these innovations will be presented in a space dedicated to the DAME Award, within the I-nnovation LAB of METS 2018. The winners will be announced at the opening breakfast on November 13, 2018.
Nautical equipment of all sizes and from all countries
The DAME Award shortlist includes equipment for the nautical industry of varying scale and price. The panel ranges from the 3D printed pulley to the diesel outboard engine, the inflatable VHF antenna or the carbon air conditioning. The applications are divided into 7 categories:
- Marine electronics and related software: Spinlock for its
- Interior equipment, furniture, material and electrical equipment used in the cabins: Vimar for its
- Equipment for marinas and shipyards, Tools and materials for boat building
- Deck equipment, Sails, Rigging: Harken for its
- Clothing and accessories for the crew: Rooster for its
- Rescue and safety equipment: Shakespeare Electronics for its inflatable VHF antenna
- Machine, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment: Triskel Marine Ltd for
French water sports in the running
Among the applications from 19 countries, two French products were selected. These are the Watt&Sea racing sailboat wind turbine and the Ino-Padeyes, aluminium machined fasteners developed by Ino-Rope with VMG Yacht Design.