Last update and effective date: 25/05/2018
1. The importance of protecting your privacy
2. Purposes and legal basis of the data processing
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU (GDPR) serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data. In the context of the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, the legal basis is given by Article 6 paragraph 1 point b of the GDPR. Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, the legal basis is provided by Art. 6, para. 1, point c of the GDPR. If the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our society or of a third party and if the interests, rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first interest, the legal basis for the processing is given by Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
2.1. information you provide us with
By using our Platform, you are required to provide us with information, some of which may identify you ("Personal Data"). This is particularly the case when you fill in forms (for example, the registration form), when you participate in games, contests, job offers, studies or surveys, comments, when you contact us by telephone, email or any other means of communication.
In order to ensure your registration, i.e. to prevent unauthorized registration by third parties, we will send you a confirmation email after your initial registration using the double Opt-In method, in which we ask you to confirm your registration. The legal basis is your agreement in accordance with art. 6, para. 1, point a of the GDPR.
Personal information includes the following data:
- The data necessary to register for the service we provide on our Platform or to access any other service provided by us. This data includes your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, telephone number and password. This information is mandatory. Otherwise, we will not be able to provide you with the services offered by our Platform and you will not be allowed to create an account on our Platform;
- Photographs ;
- Postal addresses ;
- Biography, skills;
- Posts, shares, I like it;
- Interests and preferences;
- Exchanges with third parties;
- Knowledge network;
- Details of the financial or accounting transactions carried out, including information relating to your payment card, your bank details;
- Details of your visits to our Platform and the content you have accessed;
- The data we may ask you to provide when you report a problem with our Platform or services;
2.2. information we collect when you use our platform
Whenever we access our platforms, we automatically collect data and information from the calling device and store this data and information in the server log files.
- In the event that you connect to our services using the Facebook, Google or Linkedin features available to you, the Platform will have access to some of the data (including, but not limited to, your first name, last name, photograph, email address and number of Facebook friends, visuals) in your account on said social network in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of the relevant social network. If you would like more information on this subject, we invite you to read the contractual documents of these platforms.
- We also collect information about your use of our Platform (such as the number of publications, message rates, registration dates, notices, etc.) that may be posted on your public profile.
3. Data retention period
We keep your personal data as long as it is necessary to provide the agreed service. The personal data you have stored in your account remains at your disposal for as long as the purpose for which it was collected and will be stored by us for that period. Personal data will be deleted if you do so yourself.
- Your Personal Data will be anonymized after 5 years after your last use of our Platform, if you have not closed your account;
- Financial data (e.g. payments, refunds, etc.) are kept for the period required by applicable tax and accounting laws;
- In the event that your account has been suspended or blocked, we keep your data for a period of 2 to 10 years from the suspension in order to avoid any circumvention by you of the rules in force on our Platform.
4. Use of collected data
The data we collect allows us to provide, manage, protect and improve our services, develop new ones, and protect both our users and ourselves. This data also allows us to provide you with relevant content, such as more relevant announcements, information and search results.
- Allow you to customize your profile on our Platform;
- Allow you to communicate and exchange with other members of our community;
- Give you access and allow you to communicate with our member relationship service;
- Help you find members;
- View your profile;
- Mentions by other members;
- Visibility of your relationships;
- Representation of your company;
- Facilitate sharing on social networks;
- Implement loyalty programs;
- To execute the contracts concluded between you and us or between you and one of our partners, and to provide you with the requested information and services;
- Send you information about our services by e-mail, SMS or any other means of communication;
- Collect your payments or send you the amounts collected on your behalf;
- Send you, in accordance with applicable legal provisions and with your consent where required by law, marketing, advertising and promotional messages and information relating to the use of our services, or suggest and advise you of goods or services that may be of interest to you.
- Inform you of changes to our services;
- Manage our Platform and perform internal technical operations for problem solving, data analysis, testing, research, analysis, studies and surveys;
- Improve and optimize our Platform, especially to ensure that our content is displayed in a way that is appropriate for your device;
- Allow you to use the interactive features of our services if you wish;
- Help us to preserve a secure environment on our Platform;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising messages we send and adapt them to our members.
- Optimization of search and recommendation functions
- Application form for job offers
- Let recruiters know that you are listening to opportunities;
- Job alert and related services, distribution of CVs and job advertisements.
- Combating fraud and other malicious activities
5. Destination of the data collected
- In the course of using our services, some of your information is shared with other members of our community through your public profile.
- We share the publications and opinions you write as part of the service. This information, which contains your first and last name and photograph, is visible to all visitors to our Platform;
- We may also share information about you, including Personal Data, with other Group entities as part of this policy.
- Our business partners who promote their services on our Platform and to whom you can decide to subscribe.
- Our business partners on whose website we may advertise our services;
- Subcontractors we use for technical services, payment services, identity verification or analytical solutions providers.
- When we use analytical solutions to improve and optimize our Platform;
- When you expressly request to subscribe to a service provided by one of our partners, ask to benefit from an offer or a good plan from one of our partners;
- When we publish, on our business partners' websites, certain parts of our Platform through APIs or widgets. In this case, some information from your public profile may also be displayed on these sites;
- In the event that we sell or acquire a business or assets, in which case we reserve the right to share your Personal Data with the potential seller or buyer of that business or assets.
- In accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent where required, we may aggregate data about you that we receive or send to our business partners, including all or part of your Personal Data and information collected through cookies. This aggregated information will only be used for the purposes described above.
- We do not control the information sent by your browser to third parties, including advertising networks and analytical tool companies that receive this information in the normal course of your Internet activity. When third party technologies or social tools are integrated into our products, these third parties may collect information during your use of our products. Facebook's "I like" button is an example.
6. Moderation of data
- Whenever possible, we use automated systems to modulate the messages transmitted via our Platform.
7. Promotional e-mails and SMS messages
In accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent where required, we may use the data you provide to us on our Platform for marketing purposes (for example, to (i) send you our newsletters, (ii) send you invitations to our events or other communications that may be of interest to you and (iii) display targeted advertisements).
You may withdraw your consent at any time by (i) unchecking the box in your account, (ii) clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications or (iii) contacting us as described in section 13 below.
8. Where your data are stored and Data Security
We store your Personal Data in the European Union and more particularly in France, on an ISO 9001 and ISO 20000-1 site.
However, it is possible that the data we collect when you use our Platform or as part of our services may be transferred to other countries, some of which may have less protective personal data protection legislation than that in force in the country where you reside. This is particularly the case for data transmitted to our subcontractors located outside the European Union, particularly in the United States. We may use their services to respond to your requests, moderate the photographs published on our Platform, provide online payment tools, provide us with commercial and advertising services or emailing, SMS or statistical services. In the event of such a transfer, we ensure that the processing is carried out in accordance with this policy and is governed by the European Commission's standard contractual clauses, which ensure an adequate level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights of individuals.
9. Rights of the data subject
If you process personal data, you are concerned under the terms of the PIMP and you have the following rights with regard to the person in charge:
9.1 Right to information
You can ask us to confirm whether your personal data will be processed by us.
If such processing has taken place, you can ask us for the following information:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
(2) the categories of personal data processed;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or is still being disclosed;
(4) the expected storage period of your personal data or, if no specific information on this subject is possible, the criteria for determining the storage period;
(5) the existence of a right to rectify or delete your personal data, a right to limit processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
(6) the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
(7) any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
(8) the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling in accordance with Article 22 (1) and (4) of the GDPR and at least in these cases relevant information on the logic involved and on the scope and expected effects of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to ask whether your personal data are transferred to a third country or international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 of the GDPR as part of the transmission. This right to information may be limited in so far as it is likely to make it impossible or seriously impede the achievement of statistical objectives and the limitation is necessary for the achievement of statistical objectives.
9.2 Right of rectification
You have a right of rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the controller if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. The person in charge will proceed without delay to the rectification.
Your right of rectification may be limited in so far as it is likely to make it impossible or seriously impede the achievement of statistical objectives and the limitation is necessary for the achievement of statistical objectives.
9.3 Right to limit processing
You may request that the processing of your personal data be limited, under the following conditions:
(1) if you dispute the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) if the processing is illegal and you object to the deletion of personal data and instead request that the use of personal data be limited;
(3) if we no longer need the personal data for processing purposes, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal actions, or
(4) if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 of the GDPR and it has not yet been established whether our justified reasons prevail over yours.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been limited, such data may be processed outside their storage only with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending the rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for important public interest reasons of the Union or a Member State.
If the restriction of treatment has been limited in accordance with the above conditions, we will notify you before the restriction is lifted.
Your right of restriction may be limited to the extent that it is likely to make it impossible or seriously impede the achievement of statistical objectives and that the restriction is necessary for the achievement of statistical objectives.
9.4 Duty to delete
You may ask us to immediately delete your personal data and we are required to delete such data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed.
(2) You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) or Art. 9 (2) (a) of the GDPR, and the processing is not based on any other legal basis.
(3) You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) of the GDPR and there are no compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) of the GDPR.
(4) Your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
(5) The deletion of your personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under European Community law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject.
(6) Your personal data have been collected in the context of the information society services provided in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 of the GDPR.
Information to third parties.
If we have made your personal data public and are required to delete them in accordance with Article 17 paragraph 1 of the GDPR, we will take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and implementation costs, to inform data controllers processing personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested the removal of all links to such personal data or copies or replication of such personal data.
The right of deletion does not exist as long as the processing is necessary
(1) in order to allow the exercise of freedom of expression and information;
(2) in order to enable the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under European Community or Member State law to which the controller is subject or the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the field of public health, in accordance with Art. 9 (2) (h) and (i) and Art. 9 (3) of the GDPR;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 para. 1 of the GDPR, insofar as the law referred to in point (a) is likely to make it impossible or seriously jeopardise the achievement of the objectives of such processing, or
(5) in order to assert, exercise or defend legal rights.
9.5 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data about you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transfer this data to another person in charge without our intervention, provided that
(1) the processing is based on consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR or Art. 9 (2) (a) of the GDPR or on a contract in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR
(2) the processing is carried out using automated methods.
By exercising this right, you also have the right to request that your personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another, insofar as this is technically possible. The freedoms and rights of others must not be affected. The right to transferability does not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority conferred on us.
9.6 Right of opposition
You may at any time exercise your right to object, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling on the basis of these provisions.
We will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which take precedence over your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing is used to assert, exercise or defend legal rights.
If your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with this type of direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection when using Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for statistical purposes, in accordance with art. 89, para. 1 of the GDPR, for reasons arising from your particular situation. Your right to object may be limited in so far as it is likely to make it impossible or seriously impede the achievement of statistical objectives and in so far as the limitation is necessary for the achievement of statistical objectives.
9.7 Right to revoke the declaration of consent to data protection
You have the right to revoke your declaration of consent to data protection at any time. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent until revocation.
9.8 Automated decision in individual cases, including profiling
You have the right not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, which results in legal effects against you or significantly and similarly affects you. This provision shall not apply where the decision
(1) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the responsible person, (2) is admissible under European Community law or under the law of the Member State to which the responsible person is subject and where that law provides for appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or
(3) is taken with your express consent.
However, such decisions may not be based on particular categories of personal data in accordance with Article 9 paragraph 1 of the GDPR, unless Article 9 paragraph 2 point a or g applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests. In the cases referred to in points (1) and (3), we will take appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, including at least the right to have a person intervene by the responsible person, to denounce his own position and to challenge the decision.
9.9 Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have a right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you reside, work or suspect a breach, if you consider that the processing of your personal data is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint was lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of judicial review under Article 78 of the GDPR.
10. Cookies and similar technologies
11. Confidentiality of your password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you have chosen to access your account on our Platform. You agree to keep this password secret and not to share it with anyone.
12. Links to other websites
Our Platform may contain links to the websites of our partners, third party companies or shares of other members. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for the use made by these websites of the information collected when you click on these links. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites before providing them with your Personal Data.
14. Procedures for accessing and deleting data
You have all the features to access, modify, export or delete your data. Log in to your account under "Account Settings".
15. Contact Information
- by filling in this online form
- or by sending us a letter to the following address: Bateaux.Info SAS, whose head office is located in Étampes - 6T, rue Van Loo - 91150 - France
Before responding to your request, we may (i) verify your identity and (ii) ask you to provide us with more information to respond to your request.
16. Identity of the data collector and responsibility for processing
The person responsible (hereinafter referred to as "Bateaux.info" or "we") within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulations and other national data protection laws of the Member States as well as other data protection regulations is Bateaux.info, SAS with a capital of 200,000 euros, registered in the Evry Trade and Companies Register under number 812623643 whose registered office is located at Étampes - 6 ter, rue Van Loo - 91150 - France.