The meeting place for international yachting professionals
The METS Trade fair takes place annually in Amsterdam. The largest international BtoB event dedicated to the nautical and yachting industry, the METS Trade show brings together all the professionals of the sector in Amsterdam for 3 days. In addition to the exhibition of equipment from the OEMs, the programme includes numerous round tables and conferences. The following is a non-exhaustive list.
METS Trade Breakfast Briefing
Before the official opening of the exhibition, between 8 and 10 am, the METS Trade Breakfast Briefing is held. Reserved for exhibitors, it is the occasion for a speech by a personality from the nautical industry and the presentation of the DAME Award, the show's innovation prize. In 2019 it will welcome Henk de Vries, director of the Dutch shipyard Feadship.
Demonstrations and lectures on materials
The Construction in Process Stage area hosts daily demonstrations of the use of materials:
- Epoxy Pro-Set for the manufacture of high temperature tools
- Vacuum infusion with Saertex materials
- Gurit products (use of Corecell with thermoforming, Ampro Bio biosourced resin, Gurit Scales)
- Diab sandwich infusion demonstration
Two round tables will take place in space D202:
- "Fatigue behaviour of composite vessels subjected to slamming", 19 November between 13:30 and 16:00
- "How to improve composite design through a better understanding of fractures", November 20 from 10:30 to 13:00
Advances in electric and hybrid propulsion
Half-hour presentations will be held at the E-nnovation Lab space around the developments of electric propulsion in yachting on 19 and 20 November. They will be provided by members of companies in the sector, from Torqeedo to Transfluid, via Oceanvolt, Fischer Panda, Calder, Triskel Marine, Waterworld or the Oceanco shipyard.
Conferences on innovation in yachting
The I-nnovation Lab space welcomes throughout the 3 days of the show speakers from the entire nautical industry to present their innovation in 30 minutes. Presentations will cover topics ranging from ecology in the boating industry to hull design, amphibious boats and the treatment of end-of-life boats.
Relaxation and networking
METS Trade is an opportunity to create new professional relationships and expand its network. Several informal events make this easier:
- Exhibitors' Happy Hour, November 19 between 6 and 8 pm, at the Grand Café
- The Waterfront drinks, dedicated to the exhibitors and visitors of the Marina & Yard area, on November 20th between 4.30 pm and 6 pm in atrium 1