7th edition of the Vrithink Night Out
For the 7th consecutive year, the VriThink collective, initiated by the team of the Dutch naval architecture and design firm Vripack, yacht specialist, is organising the Vrithink Nigt Out. The event brings together in Amsterdam, on the eve of the opening of METS Trade, the world's largest trade fair for yacht equipment manufacturers, naval architects, designers and shipyard managers to imagine the future of water sports. Inspired by the success of the TEDx, scientific popularization conferences, the evening welcomes inventors to present in a limited time of 5 minutes and 20 slides ideas and concepts to advance the sector.
13 inventors for yachting
13 men and women, passionate about boating, will present innovations ranging from manufacturing to management:
- Tahira Ahmed: Building luxury yachts faster and without moulds to protect the environment
- Pablo Van der Lugt: The rediscovery of renewable materials in the 21st century
- Solco Reijnders: RiPL, a means of communication to better work together on shipbuilding projects
- Willemijn Berkhout: Work on exoskeletons
- Patrick Noor: Ship Stability
- Sean Meagher: Preparing yachts as expedition ships
- Sven Korver: Composite superstructure for superyachts
- Nick Danese: Internet of Thinks and connected boats
- Claudio Zimarino: LED lighting
- Michael Mathias: Boatbuilding 4.0, Precision aluminium shipbuilding
- Robin De Vries: Why do we need superyachts?!
- Daan Pol: Augmented reality
- Daniele Cevola: Paradigm shift in boat design
The 7th VriThink Night Out will be held on 12 November 2018, between 19:30 and 23:30 at Rode Hoed in Amsterdam. Registration is done online at the address below.