Inox System, the specialist in nautical cable wants to develop direct sales

Cable crimping at Inox System

With a long experience of stainless steel with the professionals of the nautical industry, Inox System wants to develop the direct sale to the yachtsman. To achieve this, the company relies on innovative rigging parts and online tool development.

60 years of nautical know-how

Formerly Yachting Thommeret, Inox System was founded over 60 years ago. Pioneer in the manufacture of bronze parts for the nautical industry, the company knew how to take the right turn when stainless steel was introduced into pleasure fittings. When a market was opened in the 1990s for nuclear power plants, it was decided to create Inox System and separate nautical and industrial activities. Although the industry's share has increased steadily, boating still accounts for 40% of activity. At the origin of the company's know-how, it suffered less from the 2008 crisis than the industry market.

Inox System currently employs 5 people in Périgny, near La Rochelle, for an annual turnover of around 750 € k?.

At the service of professionals

Today, Inox System works mainly with nautical professionals, whether shipyards, sailmakers or hardware stores, such as Accastillage Diffusion, BigShip or Uship.

70% of the products sold are spare parts. The remaining 30% are crimped stainless steel cables.

Develop online sales

In order to increase its activity, Inox System wants to address itself directly to boaters. Direct sales represent only 10% of nautical customers. To develop the sale of crimped cables, Inox System improves its website, adapted to online sales and now offers a cable configurator.

Inox System is also working on its visibility at boat shows, for example by participating in the Grand Pavois.

Innovative textile terminations

Inox System also relies on innovation. The company has developed and patented a termination system for textile rigging that allows easy installation for boaters, without the need to control splices. The product has been well received and should enable international development, whereas France now accounts for 95% of business.

More articles on channels:

Réagir à cet article :
Ajouter un commentaire...