The innovations selected in the finals
For her 3rd year as president of the jury of the DAME Awards, interior designer Birgit Schnaase unveiled the list of innovations selected for the last stage of the 29th edition of the prestigious worldwide nautical industry innovation competition. 59 equipment manufacturers had their products accepted, among the 118 applications submitted to the jury. The selected innovations will be exhibited in a space dedicated to the DAME Award, within the I-nnovation LAB of METS Trade 2019. The winners will be announced at the opening breakfast on November 19, 2019.
The discoveries of water sports from the 4 corners of the world
The DAME Award shortlist brings together innovations for yachting, from the largest to the smallest and in all budget ranges. They are grouped around 7 themes:
- Marine electronics and related software
- Interior equipment, furniture, material and electrical equipment used in cabins
- Equipment for marinas and shipyards, Tools and materials for boat building
- Deck equipment, Sails, Rigging
- Clothing and accessories for the crew
- Rescue and safety equipment
- Machine, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment
Among the wide range, we can note the many electronic devices such as the DockSense for docking manoeuvres, load sensors or men overboard prevention systems, but also more practical ecological accessories such as recycled plastic pulleys or the "bio-recyclable" female urinal from Forward Wip.
French water sports in the running
Among the applications from 27 countries, 4 French products were selected. These are the winch crank and compact winch from Karver, the safety knife from Wichard and Batyline Elios fabrics from Serge Ferrari.