Enhance and support maritime projects
The "Les Aventuriers de la Mer" Festival will be held in Lorient from 10 to 13 October 2019, at the Cité de la Voile. Organized around meetings and events on maritime adventures of the 21st century, the event is also the occasion for the 4th edition of the Maritime Initiatives Prize. This competition aims to promote projects related to the sea, in all its aspects, including yachting. Open to both individuals and companies, it is organised around two categories:
- project to create innovative products or activities related to the sea (high-tech, low-tech)
- a project that will change the way people look at it, encourage new practices on the coast or at sea
In previous editions, the Maritime Initiatives Award has been awarded:
- Plastic Odyssey, a boat project to combat plastic pollution of the oceans
- Astrolabe Expeditions, citizen research missions in sailing boats
- Lords of the Oceans, a film project on sharks to fight prejudice.
Candidates must submit a file to the organizers before September 13, 2019. 5 projects will then be selected in each category. A 3-minute public presentation, followed by a 3-minute answer to questions, will allow the jury to choose the winner. The jury will be composed of members from Brittany Region, Archipel (Institut citoyen d'études maritimes et littorales de l'Université Bretagne Sud), Roland Jourdain's Explore Endowment Fund, the Fondation de la Mer, Ekosea and Audelor.
The winners will be awarded 5000 euros by the Brittany Region. Technical and administrative support is also provided by the various partners.