In a Word / Life of boating: North Technology, Magic Marine, Port of Cannes, Brunswick ...

Sailing in a dinghy with a Magic Marine suit

Things are happening in the boating industry! A look back at the latest news from yachting professionals. The news briefs of January 16, 2019.

North Technology Group offers Magic Marine

North Technology Group (NTG) announced the acquisition of Mbrands International BV. The Dutch holding includes Magic Marine, a specialist in technical clothing and personal equipment for sailing, particularly dinghy sailing, and Mystic, a well-known brand of clothing and suits for kitesurfing, windsurfing and SUP. NTG, already owner of North Sails, material manufacturer North Thin Ply Technology (NTPT), rigging companies Southern Spars and Future Fibers, and boatbuilder Edgewater Boats, is strengthening its North Sails Collection lifestyle apparel brand.

The Port of Cannes certified

In January 2019, the Nice Côte d'Azur Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI), manager of the Cannes marina, claimed the title of the first French port to be awarded the Tourism and Marina Quality label. The Tourism Quality award, granted by the State, is based on the quality of the welcome, the services and the management of customer satisfaction.

More and more patents at Brunswick

New Brunswick announced that it will obtain 126 US patents in 2018, an increase of almost one-third from 2017. Mercury Marine accounts for 88 of the innovations selected, notably through its new V6 and V8 outboard motors.

San Lorenzo again 100% Italian

The San Lorenzo shipyard is once again entirely Italian. The CEO of the transalpine luxury yacht builder, Massimo Perotti, now holds 96% of the shares, following the repurchase of shares sold abroad following the 2008 crisis. The remaining 4% is held by the management team.

Lumishore partners with Simrad and B&G

Welsh manufacturer of underwater LED boat spotlights Lumishore has announced an agreement with Simrad and B&G. The Navico group brands: Simrad NSO, NSS evo3, select GO and B&G Zeus3 Glass Helm, Zeus3 and Vulcan will now be able to directly control Lumishore's hull background lights.

More articles on channels: