The Nautic is the annual rendezvous of the French yachting industry, where numerous awards are announced. BoatIndustry looks back on these awards and the award-winning boating professionals.
Nautic Innovation Awards
This is the first edition of this competition organized by Nautic Festival SA, the organizer of the show. It aims to promote innovation within the French nautical sector in 2 categories:
- Product : SEAir is rewarded for its semi-rigid foil steering wheel, developed on a Zodiac base
- Service: The Cargo, website selling nautical equipment and the Bénéteau Boat Club, navigation solution between purchase and rental, arrive ex aequo
Next Technologies Inflated Wing Sail received a special Start-Up award for its inflatable wing.
Nautic Start-Up Day
The French Tech of the Brittany region organized during the Nautic a pitch contest to distinguish the best nautical start-ups. 4 winners have been selected:
- futur trophy: Absolute Dreamer for the automated draping of foils and composite parts by a robot
- originality trophy: Inobo for its evolving, transparent and durable kite-surf board
- technology trophy: Ino-rope for its pulley with textile axis
- coup de c?ur trophy: Carenecolo for its mobile fairing area
Carenecolo fairing area
Electric Boat of the Year
The Association Française du Bateau électrique (AFBE) organized the 1st edition of the trophy of the electric boat of the year. 6 winners were nominated in the following categories :
- Prices all categories : BoatHome of the company BoatHome
- Price N1 Boat: Lagoon 55 of the Alizée Electronic company
- Price N2 Boat: Sensas of the company Blue Ribbon
- Price N1 Beach gear: REV Inside from the company Ceclo Open Boat
- Price N2 Beach gear: Gliss Speed from GSX Aqualeo
- Concept prize: Net-Zen from Naviwatt
Boat of the Year
The magazines of the Larivière group have named their traditional Sailboat of the Year and Boat Engine of the Year to Ofcet 32 SC on the one hand and Quicksilver Activ 605 on the other.
Renter of the Year
For the 5th consecutive year, Globesailor has named the rental company of the year in France and in the French overseas departments and territories. Loacasail in the Mediterranean and Atlantique Location in Brittany are winners ex-aequo and Dream Yacht Caraïbes wins the trophy overseas.
The French Sailing Federation took advantage of the Nautic to distinguish the sailing clubs. The Société des Régates de Brest was voted best competition club in 2017, while the Centre Régional Nautique de Granville won the 2017 Sailing School of the Year trophy.