100 m▓ reserved for boating professionals
The 2017 Grand Pavois will host the first edition of Tech Days. Created by Vidal Diffusion Marine (VDM) and Reya, the pleasure craft distributors of the Alliance Marine group, the event is exclusively reserved for professionals. A 100 m▓ tent, installed near the east entrance, will allow VDM to welcome representatives of shipyards, dealers, installers and subcontractors throughout the Grand Pavois exhibition, from 27 September to 02 October.
30 brands from the portfolio distributed by VDM will be exhibited on the Tech Days space and presented jointly with the manufacturers. Conferences will be held throughout the exhibition on the different equipment.
Among the brands presented are:
- Zipwake, flaps and stabilizers
- Seastar Solutions for steering and engine control systems
- Glendinning, electronic engine controls
- Jabsco, bilge pumps
- Star Brite, boat care products
- International, painting and antifouling
- Cristec, battery chargers
- Kohler and Paguro, generators
- Zwaardviss, cockpit seats and tables
- Italwinch, electric windlasses
- Planus, electric toilets
- Vitrifrigo, refrigerators, freezers and ice makers
- Spectra Katadyn, watermakers
- Lumishore, underwater projectors
- Hella Marine, navigation lights, courtesy lights and LED projectors
Create an appointment for professionals
Afterworks will allow professionals to meet each other at the end of the afternoon to discuss the sector and develop their networks.
Asked by BoatIndustry about the genesis of this project, Benoit Massard-Combe, VDM's marketing manager, explains the brand's interest in addressing its customers directly. "There are no BtoB shows in France. As distributors, we therefore exhibit in boat shows, where professionals come to meet us, among all visitors. We wanted to improve the quality of our welcome by offering them a dedicated space, where they can exchange directly with the manufacturers of the products we distribute."
If the initiative for the event comes from VDM, we can hope that it will inspire the Grand Pavois and the various boat show organisers in France to develop the BtoB offer.