Towards the maritime digital revolution?
While Naval and Nautisme are meeting in Nantes and Saint-Nazaire for The Bridge, which is racing the Queen Mary 2 against the latest generation multihull sailing boats, the local maritime professionals wanted to take the opportunity to meet and reflect on the future of their professions. Local authorities, as well as Atlanpole, the Pôle mer Bretagne Atlantique, the Pôle EMC2, the Pôle Images & Réseaux, NINA (Nautisme Innovation Numérique Atlantique) and the Fédération des Industries Nautiques, are organising the first meetings Mer et Numérique in Nantes on 22 June 2017.
Subtitled"Can digital technology revolutionise the naval and nautical industries?", the event will compare the experiences of sailors and manufacturers. After presentations, notably by skippers Roland Jourdain and Armel Tripon, round tables will bring together participants around the applications of digital technology in the production of boats and ships, in navigation and in the marketing of nautical products. Finally, BtoB meetings will enable digital developers to meet the main principals, such as Bénéteau, Grand Large Yachting, NV Equipment or Fountaine Pajot.
- 9.00 Welcome coffee
- 9.30 am Opening by Sébastien Pilard, regional advisor in charge of blue growth and international development, and an elected official from Nantes Métropole
- 9.40 am Nautical sector: assets and development prospects for the Nantes Saint-Nazaire metropolitan area, by the IDEA firm
- 10h20 Testimonies and exchanges " From ocean racing to sailing: the contribution of digital technology " with Roland Jourdain, navigator and team manager, and Armel Tripon, skipper of the multi 50 trimaran Réauté Chocolat
- 10.45 Break
- 11:00 - 12:30 Thematic workshops (your choice)
- "Digital and advanced production technologies: cross-fertilization of naval and nautical industries" led by the EMC2 cluster in conjunction with Images & Réseau
- "Digital onboard systems" led by Atlanpole, the Atlantic Brittany Sea cluster and the Images & Réseaux cluster
- "Evolution of consumption and digital modes: an opportunity for the nautical sector" led by NINA and the Federation of the nautical industries
- 12:30 Cocktail
- From 13h30: BtoB meeting with Bénéteau, DCNS, STX, Grand Large, OCEA, SCHEIBER, NV Equipment, Fountaine Pajot..